Ashtabula Downtown Development Association
Facade Improvement Program
50% Match Contribution Required
Maximum Request $1,000
If we have more qualifying applications than money, a lottery will determine who will be awarded the grants.
Deadline to submit applications-
March 15, 2020
Decisions will be made-
May 1, 2020
This new program is available to building owners or business owners with building owner permission located on Main Avenue from Lake Avenue to W. 58th Street.
The goal of the Façade Improvement Program is to enhance the appearance of Main Avenue properties, to preserve buildings, create safe street environments and re-establish pride in Downtown Ashtabula. The ADDA Façade Improvement Program is a key component in the revitalization of the downtown area.
· Exterior Signs (installation of new or repair or replacement of legally installed and mounted signs);
· Awnings, canopies, or sunshades (installation of new or repair or replacement of fixed awnings);
· Painting or exterior surface treatment (stucco, tile, stone, or brick replacement or repair);
· Repair or replacement or restoration of façade masonry, brickwork or wood;
· Outdoor lighting (installation of new exterior lighting fixtures; repair or replacement of existing exterior lighting fixtures);
· Replacement or repair of windows;
· Replacement, repair or restoration of cornices, eaves, parapets and other architectural features;
· Entranceway modifications that improve the appearance and or access to the building;
· Restoration of historic features;
Redesign and reconstruction of the store front. Eligible projects must be visible from the public right-of-way. Improvements to building interiors, roofs and/or facades not visible from the public right-of-way are not considered eligible.
Funds may not be used for improvements that are not permanent or mounted or affixed to the building or the sidewalk. Ineligible uses include but are not limited to:
· Vinyl letter signage (windows);
· Portable signs, such as sandwich board or A-frame signs; signs not mounted or attached to storefronts; · Flags or banners; · Benches and trash receptacles;
· Tables, chairs, or umbrellas.
Other projects will be evaluated and considered on an individual basis.